Sunday, April 20, 2014

ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE # 280 " SQUARE CARDS "


Hope your Easter morning is going great and the rest of the day is even better. We are not doing anything today. Our family is not close so we just stay home. That's why I hope you are having a great day with family. Last week I told you about my grand daughter having her 2nd birthday Friday and she had her little party Saturday. She was such a delight to sit and watch all those funny faces she was making as she opened each and every one. You would have thought she was having Christmas with as many gifts that she had. She had more then she needed. It was to the point she was bored with opening them and went for her cake. She never did open those gifts but I'm sure she will get to them to night. Since I was there I went ahead and gave the grandchildren their Easter baskets. That was even more for Remie. It was very cute when she seen the bunny and pulled it out. She gave the bunny a hug and held it while she seen what else was in the bag. It was a great birthday party. I'm going to move forward and start the challenge we are here for.

As we can see we are doing square cards. I don't do many of these because you can't get every thing you want on that one card. Of course, that could just be me. The sponsor this week is one we had before and they have great images. They are Fred, She Said Designs. Take a look at what they have because the image I was so kindly to use is called Morpho-Marigolds. I only found two colors of marigolds so I made the butterfly very bright and colorful. I did an image a long time ago with a butterfly frame from Fred, She Said and it turned out beautiful also.  You should go and see the images if you get a chance. Well, let me tell you what they are offering this week as a prize for the lucky winner this week. 

$10.00 Voucher
To The
Fred, She Said Designs Store

Now I want to show you my card.


I hope you really like it. I forgot that it was a square card this week and had a cute scrapbook layout I was going to start to do. Thank goodness I went back and seen what the challenge really is. I'm still going to make the layout though. When I get it finished I will show you. The marigolds on this card are in three different color combination of yellows and oranges. I did use three colors to make the butterfly but I did decide to outline it in black to make it stand out more. The saying from above is from Psalm 63:7 but it was on the image sheet that I received with my image. I thought it went perfect for the way my card was set up. Let me give you the items that I used so you can get back to family and friends.

Cardstock -- Close To My Heart
Paper -- DCWV (The Floral Flair)
Colored Markers
Colored Pencils.

Wasn't a very big list but I still wanted you to have it. Thank You for spending some time to read my post and as always don't forget to put your entries at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog and take a look at what the other design team members made for this week's challenge. 

3 comments:

cass said...

Very pretty card Michelle, great for the square card challenge

Denise Goeldner said...

This is so pretty, I love the spring feel of your card and all the colours go so well together.
~ DT Sis ~
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

Edwina said...

Hi Michelle, I love your card. It is so pretty. Love the colors you used. I like how the color of the butterfly pops out. So cheerful your card. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown