Sunday, August 18, 2013

ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE BLOG CHALLENGE #173 "PUT A FRAME AROUND IT"

Welcome to another challenge this Sunday. I think you will find this challenge fun. I did. When I seen that we are doing this challenge I had an idea in my head immediately. As you know, my blog is also about Making Memories. Growing up there were no pictures laying around for us to look at. There wasn't those family albums. I wanted to make my children a Family Memory book to see who their family is. My Grandson even asks who is in the picture. I had the picture in my mind when picking out my frame and I also switched things up by doing a scrapbook page to add to that book. It's a picture of my mom from mother's day. We have not spent mother's day together in over a decade. Many reasons behind that but now I can say that there is progress with this mother - daughter relationship.
Let's get to the sponsor of the week. Delicious Doodles is that sponsor. They were kind to our design team and let us pick one of their great frames. The frame I chose is called " HYDRANGEA AND BUTTERFLY FRAME." I had never had hydrangea flowers before so I had to look them up to see what colors they come in. When I seen they came in blue, I knew that was the color I wanted to use. Then I picked two colors that would look good with blue for the little frames I made. You will want to win this challenge so you can win the prize Delicious Doodles is giving. 
The Winner Will Receive
4 Digi's From The
Delicious Doodles Store
Now I'm excited to show you the layout that I made with this hydrangea and butterfly frame with the picture of my mom.

I hope you like my layout. It is done in traditional style scrapbooking then digital. I like digital but I like that I can make my own things to add to my page. Delicious Doodles made a beautiful frame and the hydrangea is absolutely beautiful. The flower in the upper left hand corner was a flower that I made by hand. A lovely woman named Edwina did a tutorial on making flowers and this is where I learned to make these kind of flowers. Thank You Edwina. Now, here is the list of the products I used to make this layout.

Cardstock -- Close To My Heart
Paper -- The Paper Studio
Handmade Flower -- Butterfly Ribbon from Ribbon Trims
Blue Ribbon from Ribbon FX
Butterfly Embellishments -- K & C Company
Font -- Script MT Bold
Picture -- Taken By My Daughter
Colored Markers
Colored Pencils

Well I hope you enjoyed the layout and my post today. Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog is where you need to go to put your project in. Just remember that you need to have a frame around a poem, picture or quote. I wish you a wonderful Sunday and a great week.



3 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is gorgeous Michele. Marlene

Edwina said...

Michelle, Your layout is fabulous! I love all the detail you put into it. Great idea to use the image this way. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Sue Nicholson said...

Wow beautiful work, have a great week cheers Sue N x