Sunday, November 22, 2015

ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE #291 "CARDS WITH AUTUMN COLORS"


Hope you are having a great Sunday!! Are you busy getting things ready for this week's Thanksgiving Dinner? I have been this weekend. I cut up all my pumpkins and cooked them down to make homemade pies. What was left went into the freezer for making pies for my Christmas dinner. Cleaning, cutting, and cooking the pumpkin takes so long but well worth the trouble. I do not like pumpkin from a can and have been cooking my own pumpkin for I don't know how long. I know I was young because people didn't think I would be doing something at that young of an age. The way I look at it, why was all the pumpkin when you can use it. Even the seeds can be cooked. In these days you have to use everything you can to save money.

Sorry for all the pumpkin talk. Let's get to the challenge for this week. I love autumn so doing this card was easier to do then some of the others. I had a great set of images to use from our sponsor "The Cutting Cafe." This set is called "Harvest Greetings Wreath." With this set you get large wreath images, small wreath images, two pages of sentiments, and pieces of a door for you to make. This is a very big set and the only thing that took me the longest to figure out what sentiment did I want to use. The other stuff was really easy. You will definitely want to have this set for your Autumn cards. On their site right know they have an adorable Turkey Treat Cup Set for you to make. It is so adorable. There is so much stuff in this store that I could not even tell you all of it. I strongly recommend you go and visit it. Then put in a project to win this prize from them.

3 SETS
From 

So, let me show you the card I made with some of the images from this set. 


I wanted it to look like the door was on a log cabin house. I used autumn colors on the sign, door and the wreath. The sentiment was from the set and I just printed it on the orange paper so it would look better then putting white on it. There is a door knob in her set but I just used a black button. So here is the small list of items I used for this card. 

Cardstock -- All From My Stash
Paper -- The Paper Studio
Black Button -- My Stash
Colored Markers
Colored Pencils

This was great that I found most of my items in my left over paper and buttons. I don't throw anything away that I think I can use. I actually have a tub of leftover paper. I use it as much as possible. This was a great post for me today. I like the card even though I didn't use a lot of items on it. Usually I make them with a lot of items. So, go over to The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog and see all of our idea's that we made this week and enter your project.



2 comments:

cass said...

Wonderful card Michelle, love the sentiment, beautiful inspiration for the challenge.

Edwina said...

Michelle, I like your card. The wood grain paper looks like a real wall. I like that you added a button to the door as a knob.
You asked about the burlap leaves I used. I actually bought them from Hobby Lobby. You can make your own though. Be sure to use Fabric Starch or some kind of stiffener to make the burlap hold it's shape. Then cut out with dies. Edwina Brown