Sunday, November 24, 2013

ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE #187 "VINTAGE STYLE"

 
Good Sunday morning. Glad to see you here again. We have another great challenge this week. One I'm sure you will love. I know I did. Let me give you a little summery of my week. I am praying for all those that lost their homes in the huge tornado storm this week. Their was so many power outages in Illinois but also Indiana, Michigan and the tip of Ohio. If I missed a state I'm sorry. I knew there were a lot in Michigan because that is where he was sent for storm manage. He's a lineman. He puts up the wires and works on the transformers. He sent pictures to me everyday. Some I thought he was trying to give me a heart attack. Where he was, there were 300,000 homes without power. His crew worked for 15 hours a day and there many more out there. He just came home yesterday and was so exhausted that he went right to sleep. Let's say he went to sleep after he seen his daughter. He really misses the kids when he's gone like that. This trip was shorter then the one he took last year to New York. I'm just glad that he's home and safe. I'm proud of the work he does. They put a lot of lines and transformers up to get people their electricity. I'm sure their are still people out their without power but believe me, they are doing it as fast as they can. I have learned a lot since my son started this job. Well I'm done with my summary and now on to the challenge for this week.

As you seen in our title we are working on "Vintage Style." Something new that I don't think we have done. So, I'm excited to see your projects. Our sponsor this week is Create With TLC. I will tell you that their images are great and I have seen many that I'm going to purchase. They will make great layouts and cards. Create With TLC allowed me to work with one image from a set of different styles. Mine is from the set Spring Time in Fashion. This is a lady that I tried to color in vintage colors. Yes, I cheated a little, I had a book of vintage articles. It did help me though. Let me tell you what you are working for this week. Great prize!!

$12.00 Gift Certificate
To The
Create With TLC Store

Now let me show you my Lady with her Spring Fashion.

 
I hope that you think that this card looks vintage to you. You may not see them but there are cupids in the corners of the picture. They were a little hard to color but I think they turned out cute. Let me show you the products that I used to make this vintage style card.
 
Cardstock -- Close To My Heart
Paper -- DCWV (The Heirloom Stack)
Lace -- From My Stash
Opaques -- Close To My Heart (Mocha)
Pop-Ups -- Ranger
Shoes In Corner Of The Card -- Dress It Up
Colored Markers
Colored Pencils

Here we are again at another end of my post for this week's challenge. It's been great to show you everything about my card and the sponsor of the week. Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog is where you need to go to add your card to the challenge. I can't wait to see them. Enjoy the rest of you Sunday and have a Great Week.



6 comments:

Sue Nicholson said...

Smashing card, all the best, thanks for being a great DT friend, will miss you cheers Sue x

Denise Goeldner said...

Striking card love the use of lace as your border hugs xx

Edwina said...

Michelle, It is gorgeous! I love all the pearls, lace and charms. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

cass said...

Prettty vintage project Michelle, beautiful lace

Cass x x

Laurence said...

Stunning card, really love the way you've used lace and pearls to finish your card.

Laurence Dt Sis. xx

Sherry said...

Loving This Lace Border .. Beautiful Vintage Look